Thursday, May 8, 2014

OC Photo Summit | Rancho Santa Margarita Photographer


Education is SO important to me, I spend most of my business dollars investing in keeping current and fresh.  I will be trying to pass some of my knowledge on in future blog posts - so stay tuned!

I attended the amazing Orange County Photo Summit last September and again this past weekend.  The Summit is held at Saddleback Church and is completely FREE!  They have top notch speakers and workshops and did I mention its FREE!!  Ok so investment was time but it stilled payed big dividends!  If you are in Orange County are look up the Photography Basics Meet up group at Saddleback Church- they have such great classes, everyone is welcome, and its always FREE!!!  Click here to join the meet-up!

Last year since it was my first time I sat amazed at the big name talent that was teaching.  Hanson Fong was the main speaker he is a Canon Master of Light.  He is a master of posing - Ah-mazing!  
I did a workshop with a local wedding photographer - David Do check out his site here (not that I'm doing wedding!).  David  is a genius when it comes to quick flow posing for couples.   These are some of the images from his workshop...



amazing window light



amazing window light
Studio Lighting...
Studio Lighting
My next workshop was with Rebecca Thatcher you can check her out here.   She had the cutest little models!  Posing was the big draw for me here also...its my weak link!  I think I am finally starting to trust myself and what I have learned! 





This year my hubby came along.  He enjoyed the Canon Master of Light Jennifer Wu you can check out her work here.  She does landscape photography and is an amazing artist!  And then there was Jasmine Star, I took a full workshop with her earlier in the week and have to say she is the bomb!  A wedding photographer with a gift of sharing her story and helping other photographers become who they truly are! (more in another blog post coming!)  Thank you Jasmine for opening my eyes and giving me direction!   

Jasmine*
I wound up not doing any workshops this time - just chatting for me!  I ran into an old friend and made a new one while I was there.  (girls watch for a new Hair and Make Up Artist for your shoots coming soon!)  
I will leave you with a few images my husband captured with his borrowed gear from Cannon - 6D with a 24-105L lens.  



Looking forward to whats in store for next year - it just gets better every year!






3 comments:

  1. I love education too! It's a weakness of mine. New photography ebook/workshop/etc? I'm in! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! A FREE workshop! I'm so coming next year! I love the second image...swoon. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That workshop sound amazing! I can't believe it was free!!

    ReplyDelete